Saturday, November 24

Fluids, materials and possibilities

Having juniors and seniors in the same course as friends can help you anticipate what can happen to you in major subjects and the rest of your college years. One time, they were talking about thesis projects and summer internships. From then on, I can't help but let my imagination run wild about my future in chemistry. Will my internship be in quality testing laboratory or in a factory of one of the country's leading industries? Will I receive allowances? Will I do a good job in it? Or will I embarrass myself and continue to live as a failure? Will my internship lead to choose a thesis topic so astounding it works?  What if it fails? What if I can't finish it? Will I ever get published?

Website-hopping, I chanced upon a video about non-Newtonian fluids and its possible applications. The video got hold of my interest. I thought it can possibly be an inspiration for a thesis project. Possibly, because I am not yet sure about anything regarding thesis. I still have about a year to think things through.


I would love to have my project go around materials science with environmental applications. I think a project with these two together will be quite useful in the current state of the world. Not that the other branches of science are useless, I believe the two that I have chosen can deliver more important contributions in this day and age.

No comments:

Post a Comment