Monday, October 21

So I watched TV

I bummed on the couch in front of the TV after dinner. Juan dela Cruz was on. They were already having a countdown to its finale: five days left. About time, I thought because I wasn't really a fan.



Tonight’s episode was, I believe, the turning point of the whole series – the major battle between the forces of good and evil. As the pawns of the evil side started moving through the dramatic fog, the good guys all get tensed up, until the lead man, Juan dela Cruz himself, yelled “CHARGE!”


I don’t know about Friday’s episode, but tonight they went to war without strategy or tactic and relied on their large number and, of course, the main protagonist. The battle scenes were really action-packed but pointless, at least symbolically. My father even pointed out that gladiator fights have more sense, showing strength, leadership and camaraderie in battles against wild animals and Roman soldiers.

What grinds my gear the most is that after much bloodshed, Juan  was able to disintegrate and defeat Peru-ha (a dark-side enchanted being) and her goons using the light that emitted from his magical sword after hitting the ground with it. If he did that at the start, there would have not be any bloodshed.

On the other hand, I give kudos to the people who worked on the visual effects and the costume and make-up department. I am impressed by how far the Filipino filming industry has exploited technology. I hope to see more development in Filipino television.

Half an episode and Juan has already defeated the antagonist. And now they’re focusing on his love story. I’m bracing myself for a bigger plot twist. There are four more episodes until the finale, after all.


Yes, living the bum life makes me think things through.

No comments:

Post a Comment