Friday, September 12

Rainbows and Cheers

With this year's UAAP Cheerdance Competition scheduled on Sunday, the College of Human Kinetics hosted this year's Pep Rally last night. As usual, our very own UP Pep Squad performed their complete cheerdance routine and their group stunts number. Twice.

Grabbed from UP Pep Squad




Falling in line for more than an hour was worth it. (I'm sure a lot of pictures are circulating about yesterday's crazy long line of students and teachers. Indeed, UP is the "University of Pila" [roughly "cued line"].) With last night's display of dance, stunts and skills outright insane, I can't wait for their final performance on Sunday. I can barely contain myself from the thrill I got watching UP Pep and their unique antics that even when they don't have a theme this year, their routine screamed their vision: EQUALITY.

Everyone in the gym watching couldn't help but get caught up in all of it, ecstatic and awestruck, cheering on the performance, even when the routine was done twice. My friends and I almost lost our voices from shouting "Go UP!" and "Go Pep!" and "Ahhhh!" at the top of our lungs every moment of their performance. Our hands were red from clapping. Unfortunately, if I try to say more, I might divulge confidential information so I must stop.

Here's a video about how to cheer for the UP Pep Squad.

BA-A-HA-A-GA-HA-A-RA-I! (Abakada spelling of "bahaghari", Filipino of "rainbow".)

Everyone must look forward to their performance. They are out to get back their championship crown. UP FIGHT!

No comments:

Post a Comment