Monday, January 9

Happiness

Have you seen this?

When I first saw this commercial in the idiot box, tears blurred my vision. At first I thought it was a teaser for a new film. But then, a Coca-Cola billboard appeared and it hit me: here's another of Coke's advertisements with a twist.



The new ad is a heartwarming story of a 100-year-old man who tells the story of how happiness fulfills his life. It also shows how he journeys to visit newborn granddaughter, from an island that can only be reached by pump-boats to the hospital in a city.

I was touched that that the old man was able to live for a hundred years through happiness. I believe his advice that we find what truly makes us happy. We should not waste our time on meaningless things. And whatever we have achieved, we should not forget where we came from. These words are already cliché but they continue to inspire me, as it should to everybody else, to find true happiness, the real meaning of life. I felt the words even deeper in my heart during the scene between the old man and his great granddaughter. What a view!

On another note, I don't really think that drinking Coke everyday will help lengthen our lifetime. Instead, it might even shorten our days. (No offense, Coke.)

I did not really see the significance of Coke in the whole story of happiness in life but I guess everyone in the commercial enjoyed their drink. But hey, parties are more fun with family and friends and Coke, right?

And finally, enjoy the video! Don't forget to find your happiness.

For those who do not understand Filipino, the video has subtitles in English.

No comments:

Post a Comment