Saturday, July 21

Alarm

The toughest battle I face is the battle that I go through almost everyday: waking and getting up early. Thank God for the weekends when I could extend sleep. Otherwise, say hello to Zombie Naj.




This video was posted two years ago, but I have watched this only recently. It made me smile while watching, and even until now, because I can very much relate to it. When I was in high school, I developed a reflex action of turning off my cellphone's alarm the first instant it goes off. There was even a time that I would wake up later than the alarm that I have set, only to find out that I have turned it off "in my sleep". I swear I had no recollection of turning it off.

And of course, I won't forget dreams. The best and worst dreams come when you go back to sleep after an untimely waking. There's always that weird sensation near the end, often falling, that makes you jolt up and be wide awake. And upon waking, you forget that exhilaration you felt when you were bungee jumping with your barkada. Or were you in Republic City watching Aang and team Avatar growing up before Korra was born? Or did you just aced the finals in organic chemistry?

No one will ever know, not even you. Unless you have a wizard friend who can collect your memories for you to watch in a Pensieve.



No comments:

Post a Comment