Wednesday, October 28

Daily Movement

Dad’s been giving me natural laxatives every morning. 

As part of what my dad believes is healthy living, he makes a drink-blend of apples, bananas, carrots, and whatever other fruits and vegetables available in the kitchen. Basically, he tosses everything (chopped in small cubes) in a blender. The concoctions are baby food-like – usually more solid than liquid – and call for spoons instead of straws. The texture is far from that of a smoothie: dad simply uses a blender instead of a juicer to keep the fibers in. The taste is, well, a blend of everything –fruity sourness and bitter peels, sometimes sweetened by ripe bananas or another fruit. It’s not much visually, but that is what is expected of mashed produce. It is the nutrients inside that count, my dad keeps telling me.

We (mom and I) usually drink them after breakfast. It makes a good non-sweetened dessert for me, easily consuming a bunch of fruits in a few gulps.

And in a few minutes, the toilet seat is my throne for half an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment