Monday, November 9

Childish Whim

Late last year, my sister and I started fancying several actors in the Marvel Cinematic Universe franchise. (Though "fancying" should be substituted with "crushing hard". Probably.) Particularly, Chris Evans as Captain America and Sebastian Stan as Winter Soldier, among the other amazing actors and actresses in the films, captured our hearts in Captain America: The Winter Soldier. (It should be noted, though, that Evans had my heart when he starred as Jake Jensen in The Losers years ago.) In other words, we became passionate fangirls of the humongous MCU fandom. (Alas, my endless list of fandoms!)



Before my college graduation last June, my sister gave me a hooded shirt with a Captain America suit design. It was the best graduation present. I wore it on my 21st birthday, which was the supposed to be farewell juvenile quirks and hello more-mature-me, with a matching cake designed to be Cap’s shield. The customized cake was the only thing I asked my parents for my birthday. The rest of the party (which was my birthday-and-graduation celebration) was for everyone else. I guess I became even more fanciful as a young adult than as a teen.


My cake from Jean's Cakes and Pastries

With my shield-candy!

As the 4th Doctor said:
“There’s no point in being a grown up if you can’t act childish sometimes.”

By the way, who's excited for Captain America: Civil War? I'm Team Bucky and patiently (though wearing thin) waiting for the trailer.

No comments:

Post a Comment