Thursday, September 27

Polarity

This is really a super-duper late article that I shouldn't even be trying to finish because (1) the event took place weeks ago, (2) I still have homework and lots of them, and (3) remembering the night gives me the feels-- that falling sensation in the pit of your stomach, the instant increase of your heart beat rate, and the smile that doesn't leave your face until you realize that it's there. So here we go!

Nobody told me that a night with chemistry majors would be fun. It was a Friday night, September 14 to be exact, when our batch of applicants hosted a party called Polarity. It was a dinner party with a talent show featuring Inversion, our official batch name as this semester's applicants for the UP Association of Chemistry Majors and Enthusiasts (UPACME), and lots of fun games, which I organized. (Proud program committee right here!) It was a Noir-inspired night of mystery and madness and fun-- more on the happy-crazy-parteh side of madness, not the dark Imma-kill-you-and-torture-you-and-possibly-kill-you-even-more-when-I-feel-like-it. (Where did that come from?) Must be because of the three words: polarity, noir and inversion. Get it? Get it?


Enough about the information part, though. I got some pictures from Polarity that I'm sure will tickle your senses (and that includes your sense of taste and smell).

Our official poster. Edited by Edva Yan. Photos taken by yours truly and Pines Coralde.

Some of the current members...

Some of the alumni... oh look, lab instructors!

Le applicants preparing the dinner.

Dinner time!



Let the games begin!










There were actually more games during Polarity. The thing is, some of the pictures are for mature eyes only, if you know what I mean. Ha ha! But seriously, I'm not 100% sure that the people in the pictures would like to be seen in their, uhm, positions when the shots were taken. It's not like I'm a sadist and love embarrassing people publicly, you know. That, and there wasn't an actual documentation team to record the night away.

And then there were the performances...
Actually, Polarity was just a cover for IC's concert. Ha ha!









But of course, I posted a lot of pictures of the performance when I danced. Too bad I don't have pictures of our batch performance. We were all on stage, making fun out of ourselves and just having the time of our life. I'll get back to you when I grab some pictures, or even a video, of our performance. Promise!

Hope you enjoyed the "highlights" of Polarity. I know I did.

We all go a little mad sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment