Saturday, September 29

Halloween costume suggestions

I passed by a few toy stores today and they were already displaying costumes for Halloween. Since October is just two days away and Halloween is another month's wait, I decided to make a list of possible costume ideas that people with similar taste as mine would like. It's funny that I'm making this but I'm not really a fan of dressing up. Maybe I'll have fun this year and try doing one of these, even if it entails for me to cross-dress  So without further ado, here we go.



1. Wear something like what Channing Tatum wore in the movie 21 Jump Street. No, not his cop outfit or the awesome white suit he wore on prom, but his get-up in his AP Chemistry class on "Molecule Monday". As a chemistry major, I think it would be fun to dress up as you favorite element or molecule-- more fun than the cliche scientists who have been dead for years. It would be even more fun to study about the molecule you chose and what it does in a layperson's everyday life, right? Right? I am a chemistry major. I am, I am, I am.

Lithium batteries + potassium nitrate = BOOM!

2. Sherlock Holmes, the modern-day, BBC version where Benedict Cumberbatch plays the world's only consulting detective. Sure, I'm a HUGE fan and I really want a black trench coat, but there's more to it. Uhm... Actually, dressing up as Sherlock Holmes really don't need any explanation, thank you very much.

Black suit, black trench coat, scarf and a pinch of sociopathic tendencies, period.

3. Edward Elric, with his arm back to normal, from Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. This sounds like anime cosplay, because it is! However, you only need a black shirt, black pants, black boots and a red coat plus blonde braided hair, because you don't need the automail arm anymore and the automail leg won't be seen. I think it can work even without the blonde hair, though. By the way, being short (sorry, Edward) is a big plus for this idea.

Chibi Edward is kawaii~

4. Dress up as a member of UP Pep Squad 2012. Freedom personified. 'Nuff said.

(c) Verabear.net

Oh yeah! I didn't make a special article to congratulate the UP Pep Squad for winning this year's UAAP Samsung Cheerdance Competition because I was too busy and I didn't watch it live because I had a practical test on the same day. Chemistry major woes, you know? I'm still busy right now, I'll have you know, but nevertheless I'm sending my regards and congratulations to them, though it's a bit late for it now. Still, CONGRATULATIONS for the 3-peat championship, UP Pep! I'm so proud of you, guys! FREEDOM!

5. Johnny Depp the actor. Have you seen him ever as himself? Well, maybe you might have, but not as usual as other actors. I don't think he's a normal person, and that's alright because I love weird people. I myself am quirky, in my own way. But if you think dressing up as an actor is too simple and boring, try the roles he played over the years. You have a wide array of characters to choose from: Sweeney Todd, Edward Scissorhands, Captain Jack Sparrow, Willy Wonka, and more! (He  was also in 21 Jump Street the movie because he was part of the original cast of the series of the same name back in the 1987.) You won't realize those characters were performed by one person until you put them together. I love it that with all his characters, you can just go crazy and have fun with the concepts.

Very versatile, Johnny Depp is, yeah?

Have you picked one yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment