Saturday, September 17

UP Fight!

I finally have a school to cheer on and they are the winning team, in the cheerdance competition of course.

Let's give it up to the University of the Philippines Pep Squad for bagging another championship in the Samsung UAAP Cheerdance Competition (CDC)! I am so proud of the UP Pep Squad, of being part of the UP community and of myself for choosing UP, in the first place.

So here's a post dedicated to the UP Pep Squad. UP Fight!

Click on the picture to get the full effect of a .gif file. I got this from Tumblr (c) to its rightful owner
The whole squad went blonde for this year's performance, which was Madonna-inspired. For weeks, I have seen the cheerleaders and their -dos looked so stunning and striking, even from afar.

Here's a video from YouTube, in case you have not seen it, or you want to watch it again.



It was too bad that I was not able to watch the CDC in the Araneta Coliseum. I was one of the unfortunate many who did not get tickets because they were sold out as soon as they were released.

On the other hand, watching it on TV with the everyone in the dorm today was so much fun. Most of us were as excited as the people who are in Araneta. We clapped for all the performances. We cheered so loud for UP. And we all jumped and shouted as soon as the the emcee mentioned "still" as he announced the champion. Honestly, I did not here him officially say that UP won. But we did won. Yehey for us!

Other than being the champion in the CDC, UP Pep also won in the group stunt category. Also, UP Pep's Nesza Salvador was this year's Samsung Stunner. UP is on a roll.

Again, a big congratulations to the UP Pep Squad! And I am hoping for many more championships to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment