Friday, March 23

Lift it All

Oh God, why am I crying? I should be studying for my Finals tomorrow. Lord, help me get through this phase. I know I am not the only one in this world who feel stressed and frustrated, and college might just be a petty problem relative to those of millions of others'. But sometimes, I get carried away and forget why I'm here. And forget that Your always there waiting for me. Now, I lift it all to You because what I do is all for You!




Yes, I turn to God whenever I have to face a big challenge. And yes, up there was my side of the conversation I just had with Him earlier. Talking to Him keeps me sane with all the obstacles that life throws at me.

My chest is just so full of suppressed emotions due to the stress and frustrations from college and my life itself. I'm stressed because of the exams that I have been taking for several consecutive days. I'm frustrated because I can't keep up with the pressures of keeping "honorable" grades. Isn't passing enough anymore? And those are just the tidbits that I dare spill. Others are just too personal and sentimental. People might not want to be with me anymore if they found out, especially at a wrong time.

I just want to shout and rant and cry and curse just to vent out all of these unwanted weight in my heart. I needed an outlet for these, but I do not feel comfortable enough to talk about them to my roomate or friends or best friends or family members. It's a good thing that I have the power of free speech that I can partially pour my sentiments. At least I will feel my chest become lighter, even for a while.

It was even a better feeling when I turned to God. I feel bad that I forget Him sometimes, though. The good thing is, He's always there just waiting for you. You just have to be brave enough to talk to Him.

Additional inspiration thanks to Chris Tomlin's I Lift My Hands. Oh, and TGIF!

2 comments:

  1. I love his songs :) especially God of this City and Our God is greater.

    when you said, "People might not want to be with me anymore if they found out, especially at a wrong time." hey do not be afraid about that, only then you will know your real friends.

    Good luck to your exams! I'll pray for you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Van! I think your prayers helped, TYVM! I haven't been listening to Chris Tomlin or any Hillsong for a long time before this post so my playlist that night was really sentimental. About friends, I was very sentimental, as I have mentioned earlier, and emotional that I needed my me-time. That's why I didn't want to spill to friends. But everything's good now. :)

      Delete