Monday, April 29

Taekwondo Day 1

Brother arrived home, still enthusiastic from today's taekwondo lessons. Even after three hours in the gym, he still is a ball of energy, even ready to demonstrate everything he learned from the class.

He put down his bag on the floor and stood a ready stance. He said his instructor said he had big kicks and he should practice at home. He bowed, because "that's how they begin," he said. He started kicking and punching and twirling-- I mean, spinning-- and more kicking and punching the air. He started coming near me, kicks and punches going my direction.

As much as I would like to move away from the attack, I only stood there and waited for my brother. I took aikido as a freshman PE class so I have a little know-how on self-defense.

He was an arm's length away and punched, and I held his wrist and did a move (that I unfortunately cannot recall its name). But I did have him locked on the spot. He looked at me, hurt and defeated. I smiled at him and let his hand go. He swore he will never try his moves on me again.

I guess I do not have to worry about him bullying me anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment