Tuesday, June 7

First Day

Today marks a threshold for most of us. Today, my high school batch-mates go from seniors to freshies. Freshies, they will become, in college. It is they who go first because today is the start of their school days in their respective universities. Mine, by the way, will start next week. I still have a little bit of vacation time left.

For four years, we held our heads high as we held the name of Philippine Science High School-Western Visayas higher. Now, we march on the hallways (and the streets) of our new university campuses to meet new friends, teachers and adventures.

To my dear batch-mates, Godspeed everyone!

Alas, I am sentimental right now. But who is to blame? We will begin our lives in college this month, a life that will shape what we will truly become. Someone even told me that I will experience real, hard life as I study in the Diliman campus of the University of the Philippines because it is the very microcosm of the Philippine society. With that and other unsolicited advices, how else can I not be prepared to face my future? Well, who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment