Friday, June 10

One Two Three Shots

Leaving home to study someplace else can hurt a little, mostly emotional. But I did not expect that it could be very painful, especially on the arm!

Thank the cosmos for reminding my mom it's high time for my annual vaccinations. Two days ago, I got my Influenza shot with my brother at our  (yes, his and still my) pediatrician. I was the first to get shot to give Jommel an impression that it does not hurt. Unfortunately, there was a lot of drama when it was his turn, but that's another story.
My mother talked to the doctor about the other vaccinations that I might need ASAP, as I won't be back until October. Doc listed all booster shots possible and available for me. "They can all be administered today," she told us straight.

I would have fainted if I were a fainter, but I was not. Horror was plastered on my face. My mother saw it, tried hard to suppress her laughter, and asked if there were other options. Doc said we can come back in two days, at least I could hype myself for the other vaccines.

But, lo, as fate had dictated, I did not get shot three times today. Nonetheless, I get only one and it's Typhoid. I let out a sigh of relief and both my mom and Doc laughed heartily. It seems Doc still has some mercy after all.

Who knew preparing to leave one's comfort zone would inject so much pain? At least prepared than not, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment