Sunday, July 3

Kolehiyala na me

The time just keeps on passing!

I have been a college student for three weeks. And I have not thought of blogging the whole time, until today. Ha!

College life has not been a breeze though. I have to brisk walk from one building to another because I only have a ten-minute grace period, lest I want to be marked tardy by attendance-paranoid teachers. Maybe you are wondering why I walk instead of riding a jeepney (UP campus is so big that we have our very own jeepneys with routes just around the campus). Well, it is a hassle to wait for one and get stuck in traffic and panic along the way. I feel better if I walk as fast as I could. At least somehow I am giving a lot of effort to attend classes.


Anyway, I have been enjoying my classes. I am sometimes at awe while the professors discuss the lesson because they do it with such mastery that we can actually finish a chapter's lessons in one session. On the other hand, there are teachers who, based on the amount of assignments they give us, think their subject is the only focus of each student. Unfortunately, we cannot stop the teacher to give us assignments even if we are already loaded.

It has been a long time since I have to introduce my self to new classmates and new faces that it felt awkward. I have been used to seeing the same faces for six years in elementary and four years in high school. Now, I have met new faces in my dormitory, in my block and in different subjects that I take. Adjusting to the life here in UP is hard. But as I keep my old friends and earn new ones, it is almost as simple as a-b-c.

College was only a dream. Now it is a reality that I have to face head-on. (God, I hope to survive.)

No comments:

Post a Comment