Monday, August 22

Post-Birthday

Does it really take two days to rest after an exhausting half-day meeting with best friends?

Yes, it does. My body is still so tired but my mind keeps on bugging me to write about Saturday's events. It's as if my mind would explode if another minute flies off without a word said about it. And body aches and pains do not really matter because I enjoyed every minute that Met-Met, Diana and I were together last Saturday. (Though I really wish I can get another day without classes so I can just tuck myself into bed.)

As a post-celebration for my two best friends' birthdays, we invited our high school classmates and new college friends to meet and eat in SM Megamall last week. All of them RSVP-ed they could not make it and it made me feel bad. We have prepared ourselves, and our wallets, to accommodate several people in a special restaurant only to be put down. On the bright side, we were so lucky that we did not have to spend more to treat other people. We are only obliged to treat ourselves. Now that's what I call a good time.




SM Megamall is a very big place and my best friends and I forgot to pick a place where we'll meet. After an agreement through text messages, we finally met at Cinderella while the two of them were trying on clothes. We left the shop without buying anything, and the store attendants following us with their eyes.

Our official plan was to eat some place good and talk to sawa or until our curfews, whichever comes first. Met-Met suggested Cara Mia Gelateria, because their gelato are to die for, with emphasis on die, if you may. And so we did dine in Cara Mia, in Amici, at the Atrium of SM. We ate gelato cakes, cakes made of ice cream that are über delicious. Describing them "delicious" might be an understatement but words cannot describe them. Well, I don't think my vocabulary is rich enough to describe the cakes so I will let you discover the taste for yourself.

We did talk a lot after finishing our gelato cakes but we did not stay long in the restaurant. We left the place in search for a studio for our traditional studio shot. Unfortunately, prices of the packaged studio shots were so expensive so we changed our plans. We headed for the arcades to have some serious fun.

Timezone was our temporary haven. Fortunately, there were photo-booths available for our photo ops, so tradition sticks. We posed in all the booths. All our shots looked so nice, even the ones that are hilarious fails. Of course, being in Timezone won't be complete without playing around with the machines. I got a lot of strikes in the bowling machine, but I can't seem to do that in my PE class. We enjoyed playing basketball, pinball, drums, that thing when you dance with your hands and that thing when you use a mallet and try to beat the high score by exerting a very large amount of force on the machine.

It is, however, unlucky for us that time flies so fast as we played like the children I wished we were again. When I checked my watch, it was almost six in the evening. Met-Met needed to go and meet her Aunt soon. And so we left SM Megamall still full of childish excitement. We were still together even as we rode the MRT. But we still have to go separately in the end. We did not cry, thank goodness.

Met-Met, Diana and I finally met after not seeing each other since March. My heart swelled with happiness as we were together for hours. I was reminiscing my childhood with them. But college calls, with its assignments, tests and loads of other stuff that we are forced to do. Godspeed to us all!

###

A/N: I will post our pictures very soon, as soon as my best friends post them up for grabs. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment