Monday, August 1

Welcome, August

August is a month of celebrations and I can't wait to par-teh!

My best friends and I have been planning to celebrate a triple birthday bash for ourselves. I have not planned anything yet, but I think they already have everything ironed out. One of my best friends is so excited that she's counting down the days to when we will meet. I can't wait to see them again, after almost five months.

Also, I, with my high school classmates, celebrated my high school classmate's birthday today (redundant, no?) in KFC in Katipunan. Afterwards, we went in and around Ateneo de Manila University, thanks to our former schoolmates who are now studying there.

Photo ops after eating at KFC.
Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend all the parties this month. I will be missing our barrio fiesta next week. That's one less party to go to. A lot of my relatives will be going home in Aklan, even those who are staying Canada. I'm in Quezon City, which is in the Philippines for goodness sake. There is also a four-day weekend because of two consecutive holidays but my parents still won't let me go home. Bummer. My family have to cut costs "a little", so no mid-semester flights for me.

Nevertheless, the Internet continues to keep me sane even if I won't be home for three more months. And as far as my ventures go, I have spotted a few notable blogs. I recommend following, or reading at the very least, The Couch Potato Journal. It doesn't only focus on what the idiot box offers; it also shares several shots taken by Wreckzu using a digital SLR camera. Most of the posts are simply written to update people about the latest technologies and gadgets available somewhere in the Internet.

The Couch Potato Journal also inspires me to work my ass off so that I can get my own digital SLR camera. I have been dreaming about it since I was 10 years old.

2 comments:

  1. Ang daya niyo.. magblog din ako tungkol sa birthday ko. JOKE!!! -diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. May ganoon? Haha! Don't worry, I'll write a way better blog post if it is (y)our celebration. And with better pics, too. ;)

    ReplyDelete