Tuesday, November 1

Happy Halloween!

I still have my plate full of unfulfilled activities I wanted to do this semestral break. Unfortunately, I will be flying back to Manila tomorrow so everything will be put on hold until Christmas or-- even worse-- summer. But for now, as long as I am with my family for the next [less than] 24 hours, I am happy.

So here's what I have been up to for past ten days.

Last Monday, I celebrated my birthday, of course! It was an "exclusive" party. I only had my family and relatives come. I didn't throw a big birthday bash because I only turned seventeen.
I made a wish and blew the candle. My cake was a yummy Sans rival from Goldilocks. 


My aunt bought this big chunk of dark chocolate bar so she thought of baking a cake. It was fun helping her out. I get to mix all the ingredients together. Of course, we had a mixer to do all the work while I just pressed the buttons. Our first cake was not moist enough so we made another one yesterday. Oh, the bittersweet taste of dark chocolate! (I can see you drooling now.)
This was our first cake. We baked another one yesterday.
As an aspiring scientist, experimenting with odds and ends has always been a part of my routine, even if it's vacation time. I have been concocting the perfect milk tea for my own consumption because, believe it or not, no one sells them here in town. Yesterday in the grocery store, I found a milk tea powder mix, a little too late. I still tried it, but it did not satisfy my craving though.

My girly side has been active lately and I found myself buying pink nail polish. Last week, I tried doing some nail art with all the nail paints I have. I have different designs on each of my nails. Imagine flower dots and cracked nails. Ha!

Since it is the Fiesta ng mga Patay (Feast of the Dead, if you want a literal translation), we prepared a feast for ourselves and visitors, if there were any. Our menu screams cholesterol! We have Biko, Crispy Pata, Paella, Chocolate cake, Blueberry cheesecake, Eclairs and many more delightful treats.
Home-made Paella
What's left of the mouth-watering Blueberry Cheesecake

In the spirit of Halloween, I give you my brother! I used a black eyeliner pencil and some red lip stick and-- voila! This is his "imma-scare-the-hell-out-of-you" face.
Happy Halloween everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment