Wednesday, November 30

Kiddie-Party-themed Acquaintance Party

Last night, I attended the kiddie-party-themed acquaintance party of our corridor.

Yes, it is already the second semester. Yes, it is a little too late to "get to know" each other in our floor. But, surprisingly, there were people that I only met as a co-corridor last night. It was both weird and satisfying. Weird because we have been passing by each other without eye contact and never knowing what we have in common. Satisfying because I met new people and not just new faces. At least I am now sure that I am in the midst of more awesome people, right? As I always say, better late than never.

First floor girls kids again for the night. 



As a kid, I enjoyed dress up and last night I also got the chance to do it again. We all put on the best kiddie costume we can pull off from our limited closet space. There were a lot who really prepared their outfits for the night. I dressed up as a kid (what else?) with eight pig tails. I enjoyed fixing my hair up and away. I did not have a lot of pink stuff unlike when I was in preschool so I just put on a shirt with Spongebob Squarepants. And I also wore my knee-high socks. Never forget knee-high socks. Ha!

Here's me introducing myself.
Can you see my hair going everywhere?
We played Fashion model, Bring-me and Pinoy Henyo. Yes,we strutted our stuff on the runway as childish as we can to show off our costumes. We raced all around the hall to get what was asked for Bring-me. And we broke records one after the other in Pinoy henyo. Say one minute and 22 seconds, to 10 seconds, to seven, then to barely three seconds. First floor girls FTW!

Candies and chocolates were raining down inside the hall every now and then. You just have to be quick to grab the nearest one. The food committee prepared loads and loads of sweets and junk [food] for us to eat. It would have been better if there were drinks for all.

Speaking of committees, thanks to the Finance, Food, Publicity and Socio-Cultural committees for organizing the event. You guys are awesome! (And this is coming from a member of the Socio-Cul com. Yeah!)

All in all, it was a fun-filled night. I can't wait for our next party, say Christmas if you please.

Photos courtesy of Nikki Tan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment