Wednesday, May 29

Pat's Diary: What is happening to my friends?

Dear Diary,

My friends were acting really funny today.

At lunch, Jane talked in her whispering voice. She told us that she finds Ed very cute and made us promise not to tell anyone. Sophie raised an eyebrow, but agreed. Candy and I nodded, but Jane was not assured. So we did our best-friends-only pinky swear. Candy said she thinks he’s cute, too, and Jane glared at her. Then Candy clarified that she finds David handsome, which is better than cute. Jane was frowning at Candy, who was batting her eyelashes as she thought of David dreamily.

Just then, Ed walked by our table. In a split second, Jane changed from cross to beaming and even waved at him. He waved back. She looked as if she was about to faint. Sophie and I looked at each other grinning. Only when Ed was three tables away did we laugh, and Candy, too. As for Jane, well, she ignored us and continued eating her chicken sandwich.

After dismissal, I saw Candy at the school gate talking to David, who pushed some stray hair to her ear. She giggled. I know that she’s ticklish near her ear and neck, but I don’t think that was it. I didn’t see Jane after the bell and Sophie was busy in the library, so I walked home by myself.

I’m just worried about my best friends. What can a 12-year-old do? *deep sigh of frustration*

Better leave my worries for now. Time to watch Doctor Who, then homework. Yes, priorities.

Pat ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment