Friday, May 3

Ten days

Ten days before the national and local elections, I still have not decided on a complete set of candidates to vote for. Should I be worried?

Being it my first time to vote in a nation-wide election, I feel burdened with the glorious duty to exercise my right to vote and free will. I have been thinking about all the candidates that I have heard and the others that are still invisible to me. Let me tell you, I still have a lot of research to perform. Here’s one of the perks of having reached a legal age that I am undecided whether to love or hate.

Thus far, I can say that I will not vote straight for one political party, because I find this lazy and a waste of opportunity – one of which can change the course of our country and the lives of our fellow citizens. Imagine the pressure I am putting on myself, when my vote only counts as one out of the millions of Filipino voters. But the fact that I am deciding with the good of the country in mind makes me feel certain that there are more Filipinos who are doing the same thing. It also makes me feel contented with my one chance to vote.

There are hundreds of candidates and most of them are a nuisance to the development of our country. It only takes about five seconds to shade an oval and cast your vote, but this election can determine the leaders who lead us either to a bright future or otherwise. So, I beg all Filipinos to vote wisely. Please.

Have you chosen your candidates yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment