Saturday, May 4

Lousy baker

My first attempt at baking red velvet cupcakes: FAIL.

With mother's day just around the corner and summer half-way through, my productivity level rose high enough to get me up and about the kitchen and bake a batch of experimental cupcakes. It was good foresight to have tried the recipe I got online way before the second Sunday of the month.


This batch was salty, not the right red, did not rise enough, wrong texture-- and the list of problems goes on. So much for beginner's luck. Thanks to some food tech graduates working at my aunt's business, I have some insight to what actually went wrong and what I could probably do to make my next batches better.

As the old saying goes, I shall try and try until I succeed-- or until summer ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment