Friday, May 11

Dark Shadows + Jessica Sanchez

I'm not a fan of vampire movies, especially since Twilight, but I have found an exception.

A few months ago, a friend of mine tagged me to a link to a movie trailer. She said that upon seeing the protagonist, she thought of me. When I watched the video, I knew what she meant. Can you guess why?


That's right! It's the latest Johnny Depp movie with director Tim Burton. Plus another favorite: actress Helena Bonham Carter. According to newspaper ads, Dark Shadows showed yesterday in movie theaters here in the Philippines (but Internet says it will be released today in other parts of the globe). Unfortunately, there is no movie house here in our town, so I'm hoping and praying I can go to Iloilo, say, next week or that it is still showing when I go to Manila by June. I would love to support Depp, Burton and Carter, and I hope you will, too.

In other news, Jessica Sanchez is now in the Top 3 of American Idol, with Joshua Ledet and Philip Philips. Yipee! Since the start of summer, I have been following the series with my family. It's funny because watching American Idol have become our family bonding time. It's even funnier how my brother gleefully shouts his support to his idol Jessica, especially when it's her turn to sing on TV. He loves to sing, too, and dreams of becoming "as great as Jessica", he says.

To Jessica, congratulations! You're a great singer and I hope you get what you deserve!

No comments:

Post a Comment