Sunday, May 13

Happy Mother's Day

Talking about moms and how great they are makes me all sentimental and mushy, but I don't have enough words that can describe how I love my mom and how grateful I am for her. It makes me sad, though, that many people tend to forget how special their mothers are but magically remember on the second Sundays of May. Even worse, there are those unfortunate souls who don't even care about their mothers! I feel terribly sorry for them. So this isn't just for my mother, but for all the mothers out there.

I don't get to tell my mother how I love her every minute of the day, especially when I'm away for my studies. I try to find time to remind her how special she is for me. Fortunately, I get to celebrate her twice a year: her birthday and Mother's day. And today, my brother and I surprised her with something sweet and special, just like her.

Nanay (Filipino for mother) with her special treat.


I have been planning a bouquet of lollicakes with lots of colors and pretty designs for her but then I opted for lollicakes that spelled "Happy Mother's Day". My brother's plan was to surprise Nanay, but then he always talks about his plans in front of her. Well, at least he whispers, right? She just acted surprised for my little Bro (poor guy). But, hey, Nanay loved it nonetheless, 'cause "it's the thought that counts".


Lollicakes

Somehow, you can read "Happy Mother's Day". See?
My brother Jommel gives Nanay a big smooch.
Jommel has his eyes on the prize, not on the camera.
Nanay and Jommel 
I have not prepared a speech for my mother, because I have never been good with words when it comes to my feelings. But I want to tell her how special she is. Maybe a hug and a kiss is just enough, right?

Nanay & moi
To all the mothers and the mothers-to-be, Happy Mother's Day! And remember: you are special and nobody needs to tell you otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment