Saturday, June 16

Back to School and Some Men In Black

Already harassed on the first week of school, I am. Not a good start for a post but it will do.

Yes, after only first three days of school I feel fatigued. I feel so weary since the first night that some unwinding this weekend should be on [top of] my to-do list. And what better way to relax on a weekend than to watch a movie in a cinema?

My sister and I watched Men In Black 3 earlier tonight. Seeing Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones way older than in the last MIB made me feel older, too.



I was in pre-school when I first saw Men in Black. It was when Will Smith as Agent J was an ordinary crime fighting cop who was chasing what turned out to be an extraterrestrial being dressed up as a human. It was when Tommy Lee Jones as Agent K recruited him for a secret organization that acts as authority that regulates entry and exit of aliens in Earth. It was also the first time I saw a gun that's so small, it's as if it is used as an injection. But don't let its size fool you, for Agent J was swept off his feet the first time he shot it.


I was badgering my parents to watch the movie when my father reminded me of how much I laughed the first time-- and all the subsequent times-- I saw that gun and Agent J's comic expression upon receiving it. I laughed so hard that it was as if I was being tickle-tortured. Those were good times. (A grin still crawls across my face every time I remember that gun.)

Earlier as I watched the film, I was half-expecting to see the micro gun again. (By the way, it is called the Noisy Cricket and I just found out about it now.) I was disappointed that I didn't see it but I was happy the rest of the movie. Happy, because MiB is really a big part of my childhood and I got to watch it all. (Harry Potter came to my life only during my tween years.)

(Sorta Spoiler Alert!) MiB 3 didn't have the alien insides splattering all around the set and I sort of miss them and all their grossness. It might have because of the weapon upgrades that made the guns all the more futuristic. The movie was about the past and, by some alterations, its effects on the future.

I personally liked one alien in the movie: Griffin. He can see the universe in 5D as he can see the past, present and future, though sometimes not to his will. He has the talent to see possible events like there's a different timeline when certain actions are done. He also seemed immortal, looking the same in 1969 and the present. Griffin reminds me of Abed from the series Community.

At the last part, I was disappointed that they didn't have bloopers or some fun scenes that can end the movie in a light mood. I always wait till after the credits to leave the cinema because I have a feeling that there's something fun at the end.

Do you think there will still be Men in Black 4 or more?

No comments:

Post a Comment