Monday, June 18

Over the weekend

My sister and I aren't masters of the kitchen. Heck, we rarely cook, having no skills to boast of; pancakes here, instant pancit canton there, but never a decent viand. As the need arises though, we have been learning, individually, how to cook simple to special courses through experimentation. (Yes, we are women of science.)

What's left of the diningding when I left the apartment.
Last Saturday, my sister cooked diningding, a Filipino dish with lots of vegetables and bagoong (the sauce part without the shrimp or fish bits). She cooked it perfectly: not raw, not overcooked and with just the right saltiness that I like. We always try to eat healthy if we can cook it since it's very toxic here in the city.



On other news, yesterday was father's day. My sister edited a picture of us, his three intelligent and special children, with a sea lion in Manila Ocean Park. (Okay, sorry for the inside joke.)

I just want to post it here so that more eyes could see it.
These, and a ton of homework for the second week of school kept me busy over the weekend. Cheers to the next friggin' weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment