Friday, June 1

At the Airport

Nobody told me that the best way to start the first day of the month is to wait patiently for a flight in a nearly deserted airport.


It turned out that it is not the best experience after all. I discovered this fact ever so slowly tonight, or rather, this morning. This was my first time to fly without sunshine. With my mother and former elementary classmate, I fight away sleep as we wait for our plane in the dead of the night. It was made even harder by our fellow passengers who are lying on benches or leaning on the shoulder of whoever was beside them, apparently on their way to dreamland.





To help us win our struggle, my former classmate and long-time friend insisted that she buy me a drink-- any drink from a cafe in the departure area. She said that this chance only comes once in a lifetime. That, and we won't be seeing each other anytime soon.


Being friendly as I am, I conceded and she bought me an Oreo frappe, coffee-based. I thought it was sort of an Oreo shake with a hint of coffee, but I got ice-cold coffee with a hint of Oreos. And with "hint" I mean there were bits of cookies only in the white frosting on top. But even if I got more than enough coffee that I wanted, my eyelids were still heavy and I kept on yawning. It was really our time to sleep.


We're still waiting for the flight, but we're losing our patience and wakefulness by the minute. Nevertheless, God only knows what will happen to us next. I just hope I won't miss our flight because of falling asleep on the wrong time.

No comments:

Post a Comment