Wednesday, June 6

Night at the New Dorm

First night at the dorm.

It's a new dorm. I just checked in today. I am trying to get the feel of my new home away from home, and as of the moment, I'm Kevin from Home Alone. (Good vibes, please? Because ghost stories are keep turning up in my mind.)

Forgive the low resolution. Taken by camera-phone.



With a good book at hand, I already spent three hours in my new room on my new bed. I bought Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul yesterday at a bargain. (Trips to thrift stores are blessings in disguise, and should be made more often.) I didn't think that I would put the book down anytime soon, especially with the progress I'm making, but nature called.

After relieving myself (plus other girly and hygiene necessities), I tried surfing with the new Wifi. I was afraid I wouldn't get in after all the scares my friend (and former dorm resident) gave me. As of the moment, the internet connection is cooperating. Let's just hope and pray it continues doing so, like back in my previous dorm. Glitches may occur now and then, but the internet will always come back strong and smooth.

On other news, I have a roomate now! She just arrived as of the writing of this sentence. Yipee! Though difficult at first, I have successfully interacted with one new roomate. (Beginnings are such awkward and painful things.) I think we might get along. Her name sounds family.

Now, two more to go.

If it isn't obvious enough, in Sampaguita Residence Hall, my new dorm, four residents occupy each room. There are two floors, each with two corridors. I'm staying at the ground floor, together with the other new residents and varsities. The residents who have stayed at least since the previous year stay at the second floor, according to my interview with lady guard.

Here's to a new dorm, new friends and another awesome school year! (And here's to the last few months of being a minor. Oh no!)

No comments:

Post a Comment