Sunday, April 29

Lolli Cake

Tonight, my brother and I enjoyed some new treats: lollicakes. Yum!

Red velvet lollicake with pink frosting, butterfly candy and silver balls.

I first saw lollicakes in a booth during the Aklan Piña and Fiber Festival. These lollipops filled with delicious cake is so sumptuous (and cute) that I found it difficult to take the first bite. But when I started devouring it, there's no stopping me. How I wished I bought several more instead of just two.



Chocolate lollicake with green frosting and rainbow polka dots.
That lolli up there isn't the only lollicake in store. In fact, there were lots to choose from! There were lollis with polka dots, flowers, butterflies and balls of any color you can imagine as decorations. The frosting also has a wide range of colors-- imagine the rainbow when the lollicakes are on the shelves. And the best part of the lollicake is the cake inside that beautiful shell. Once you bite in, it's an explosion of goodness that only cake can give. There were chocolate, red velvet, carrot, and  there are plenty more options, I was told.

Are you already drooling for some? The shop's name is KS Lollicakes and Cupcakes and I can get you some if you ask politely. And yes, they also sell cupcakes of just as many options as the lollicakes.

Sometimes, I really wish that I were planning to have a debut party. These would have been special treats that I'm sure everyone will love.

More pictures here:


On another note, I should have featured my Chicken Kung Pao last week. But with all the should-haves considered, that dish is just one-of-many I'll be cooking. For now, I'm just happy to be eating.

By the way, any food you would like to order?

No comments:

Post a Comment