Saturday, May 21

Follow through

Three nights back home is still similar when we were in Makati. I guess my brother still likes the idea of freezing in his sleep, thanks to the air conditioner.

This summer has been pretty warm, or rather, very hot in the National Capital Region, and in most parts of Luzon for that matter. I have been sweating at daytime the whole duration of our stay, and so was the rest of my family. To cool down, I am always near the electric fan. Sometimes, I follow the fan's head as it rotates just to stop sweating. But nighttime is different.




You see, my cousin had an air conditioning unit installed in our room (in their house where we stayed) several years ago. So, yes, we are blessed by this cooling wonder machine at night. (Our family always try to save energy and cost so it's a big no-no to have the aircon turned on the whole day.) Usually, my mother is the one who turns on the unit while my brother watch intently. "Yehey, aircon!" he would gleefully say.

Fast forward to tonight, my brother would switch on the unit before going to sleep. He did it for three nights in a row, and might continue doing so, because (one) he got used to the cool atmosphere while sleeping and (two) the unit is located near the floor, thus, enabling him to reach it easily.

I honestly enjoy it but unfortunately it increases our electric consumption (energy and money wasted) and I think I'm getting my sniffles back. *Sniff*

No comments:

Post a Comment