Sunday, May 22

Epic Reply

Speaking of childhood, there is this nagging memory that wants to be published. As a child, I would be so disobedient that my father would be so full of me . One time, he pulled me aside to scold me.

Tatay: (angry voice) Nadya, akala ko ba naman smart ka? Gamitin mo naman utak mo. [Nadya, I thought you were smart? Try using your head, why don't you?.] Be smart!

Me: (talking in between sobs) Bakit, 'Tay? Hindi kasi ako Smart kasi Globe ako, diba? [Why, 'Tay? I'm not Smart because I'm Globe, right?]


I was talking about the cellular phone network providers available back then. My father was dumbstruck. I was serious in answering him, but I think my father just could not scold me seriously after what I said. And honestly, I did not intend to kid around especially when my father gets angry at me.

Never have I done a stunt like this again. And never shall I wish for it. But hey, I got to be a stand up comedienne as a child and I'm proud of it. Sort of.

No comments:

Post a Comment