Saturday, May 28

I rode the road

It's dusk. Lampposts are turned on. The air is filled with tiny insects. They annoy me as I pass by them. I'm speeding up to avoid the little critters. Damn, I hate the feeling of bugs crawling on me. "But who cares?" I told myself for a moment. "I'm riding my bike and no one's going to stop me!"

I can feel the cool breeze touch my face. It becomes cooler as I go faster. The wheels keep turning even though I stopped pedaling for a while now. That's how fast I was going.




My brother has been on my tail running. He screams his lungs out as I leave him behind. Poor guy. But, hey, he really needs exercise with all that nonstop eating at home, I thought.

"Oh, the fresh feeling of freedom!" I whispered to myself and immediately closed my mouth, a little too late. I forgot about the insects. One came to my mouth. I stopped trying to shoo them away. Then, I continued riding on.

The pedestrian road is so long that I wish I have it as my personal track at home. But it is alright, the road is actually just a stone's throw away.

After a while, I turned back to my father, who was my only audience (other than passers-by), at the corner of the roads meet. "I'm done," I told him with a grin stretching from ear to ear. I was racing back to my starting point.

I had a lot of fun tonight, although the experience was not as picturesque as I wanted. I was able to ride a bike on a long and winding cemented road. I have tested my skill and it passed with flying colors.

I will miss riding around when I fly back to Manila bike-less. Thinking about the future, I sigh to myself as my fingers dance through the keyboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment